If you’re considering a custom shower enclosure, you’re probably wondering if it’s worth the investment and the hassle of construction. There are many factors to consider when making this decision, but ultimately it comes down to personal preference.
Custom shower enclosures can be made from a variety of materials, including glass, metal, and plastic. A huge benefit of custom shower enclosures is that they can be designed to meet your specific needs. If you have a disability or are tall, for example, you may want an enclosure that is easier to get in and out of. Or, if you have young children, you may want an enclosure that is large enough for them to play in.
What’s Trending for Bathrooms in 2022?
Not only will a custom shower enclosure meet your needs, but it appeals to other homeowners as well. The following bathroom trends for 2022 can make your house easier to sell:
Walk-in showers are becoming increasingly popular, as they provide a more luxurious and spa-like experience. They also tend to be more spacious than traditional showers, making them ideal for larger bathrooms.
Frameless shower doors provide a sleek and modern look that is perfect for contemporary bathrooms. They also tend to be easier to clean than framed doors, as there is no place for dirt and grime to build up.
Heated floors are a luxurious addition to custom glass shower enclosures. They provide a warm and comfortable place to stand, and can also help reduce condensation on the walls and doors.
Steam showers are a luxurious option that can turn your custom glass shower enclosure into a personal spa. The steam creates a relaxing and rejuvenating spa-like experience at home.
LED lighting is an energy-efficient way to light your custom glass shower enclosure. It can also be used to create different moods and atmospheres directly in the shower.
How to Keep Glass Showers Clean
Congrats! You now have an exquisite, custom, glass shower! But, how are you supposed to keep it clean and gorgeous so it’s a sight you’re excited to see every time you enter your bathroom oasis?
1. Use vinegar: Distilled or white vinegar is a natural cleaner for glass showers. Mix equal parts water and vinegar in a spray bottle and use it to clean the glass after each shower.
2. Use citrus fruits: Citrus fruits like lemons and limes are also great natural cleaners for glass showers. Cut a lemon or lime in half and use it to scrub the glass like a sponge.
3. Use baking soda: Baking soda is another natural glass cleaner. Make a paste with water and baking soda and scrub it around the glass with a sponge. Rinse the glass well afterward.
4. Use commercial cleaners: There are many different commercial cleaners available specifically for cleaning glass showers. Follow the directions on the label and be sure to ventilate the area well while using any chemical cleaners.
5. Use a squeegee: Use a squeegee to wipe down the glass after each shower. Be sure to dry the squeegee after each use to prevent water spots.
6. Use a microfiber cloth: Microfiber cloths don’t leave behind lint or streaks. Use a dry microfiber cloth to dust the glass and a damp microfiber cloth to clean it.
7. Use club soda: Club soda is another great natural cleaner for glass showers. Spray the glass with club soda and use a sponge to scrub away any soap scum or hard water stains.
8. Use baby oil: Baby oil can be used to clean soap scum off of glass showers. Apply a small amount of baby oil to a soft cloth and rub it onto the glass in a circular motion. Wipe the glass clean with a damp cloth afterward.
9. Use dryer sheets: Dryer sheets can be used to clean soap scum off of glass showers. Rub a dryer sheet over the soap scum and it will loosen enough to be wiped away with a damp cloth.
CONTACT SMITTY’S QUALITY GLASS
(435) 850-4384For questions regarding upgrading and customizing your shower, contact Smitty’s Glass today.